100 Little Things
What makes us different?
1. Our Guiding Principle: they’re a part of your family. You’re a part of ours.
- Local shelter pets: from day one, we’ll provide thousands of dollars of free medical care each year to pets in Denver so that they’ll be ready for adoption.
- Neighborhood schools: We will also attend school science days and career fairs to encourage the next generation of veterinarians.
- We Love Historic Buildings: the Goodheart Building has been around for nearly one hundred years and we want to help maintain usage of this beautiful Denver architecture.
- Specialty Referrals: we are within 20-minutes of three partners. We have great choices to get your pet the best specialized care if needed.
- Sliding Doors: we designed exam rooms with sliding doors so we’ll never run over your pet (or its tail) when entering the room.
- Hiding Spots For Cats: we have nesting boxes in each room, as well as furniture in the lobby designed to help your kitty feel more secure.
- Coloring Wall: yes, this allows our fantastic team to showcase their artistic talent, but our “art wall” will also offer your children an outlet for theirs!
- Proactive Measures: we like to be proactive for fearful pets. If you and your pet both hate coming to the vet, call us ahead of your visit so we can plan a quick move through the lobby, have favorite treats ready, or discuss pet anti-anxiety medications for the visit, if appropriate.
- Post Adoption Care: we help promote care for shelter pets after adoption by participating in Colorado Veterinary Medical Association’s Connect for Care.
- Windows: we designed a huge viewing wall into our treatment area so you can see your pet being treated.
- Smiling Faces: we have amazing, talented, happy team members who love taking care of you.
- Coffee: freshly brewed coffee from our local partner Dazbog will be served fresh daily.
- Tours: we love to show off our hospital to clients and guests, at any time!
15. Tags: we engrave personalized Goodheart pet tags for our patients – as many as you want – forever!
- Comfy Lobby: for the short time you are in it, we want you and your pet to be comfortable.
- We Smell Good! we work hard to not “smell like a vet clinic” because we are anti-stink.
- Great Art: we partner with local pet artists to feature beautiful artwork on our walls.
- Snacks! nothing makes kids (and adults) happier than grabbing a snack and a drink.
- Kid Stuff: toys, coloring books, cartoons, and more to keep them occupied while we chat.
- Wine! we say “thank you” for giving us a try by giving you a bottle of red or white wine.
- Follow-Ups: we want to make sure everything is going well, so we’ll reach out to you often.
- Open Doors: there are no boundaries in our facilities; we want to partner with you in patient care. Ask us questions and join us in the treatment area.
- Getting on the Floor: most of our patients are more comfortable there, and so are we.
- Stress-Free: we constantly strive to provide low-stress experiences for our patients and clients. We use Fear Free and Cat Friendly Practice techniques.
- Doctor Time: our doctors take time to sit and chat because it’s the core of how we practice.
- Dental Exams: we are tooth fanatics, so come in any time for a free dental exam.
- Comfort Room: we have special rooms for deep discussions or to say goodbye to a beloved pet — a separate exit to the outside gives our clients privacy for tough moments.
- X-rays: we pinpoint issues with a state-of-the-art digital system providing quick, high-quality images.
- Surgery Suite: we perform procedures in a dedicated suite full of the best medical devices available.
- Referral Program: when you trust us enough to send us a new client, you both benefit!
- Behavior Training: we work closely with Denver’s go-to “dog whisperers” on all behavioral issues.
- Cremation Services: we work with hand-picked cremation service companies because they treat our patients like their own pets.
- Grassy Space: our hospital has nearby grassy space for day-boarded pets to enjoy.
35. We Do the Work: we will fill out and submit paperwork for rebates, rewards, insurance – it’s our job!
- Wi-Fi and TV: waiting is a pain and we minimize it… but if it happens, we have free Wi-Fi, TV and pet-focused coffee table books to browse.
- Scheduling: we care about flow and our schedule; emergencies happen, but we typically run on time.
- Dental X-rays: our digital system is crucial in providing the best care for your pet’s teeth.
- Technician Team: our vet techs are the best in the business, continually developing their skills.
- 24-Hour Phone Service: we provide 24-hour care by phone, so you know that we’ll always be there when you need us most.
- Efficient Design: we spent months with our architects designing the hospital to maximize functionality.
- Wellness: everything we do is to ensure our patients live long, happy and healthy lives. We offer cost-effective programs to identify issues early.
- Puppy / Kitten: we provide discounted packages for the crucial early days, including spay/neuter.
44. Client Rewards Program: your loyalty means a lot, and our program rewards you with special perks.
- Drop-Offs: we know you’re busy, so we welcome early appointment drop-offs and late pick-ups.
- No Hiding: our hospitalized patients are always close to our team so we can keep a watchful eye on them.
- Digital Records: our electronic medical record system is secure, accurate, and reliable.
- Vendors: we build relationships with vendor partners to provide the best products at the best prices.
- Lab: our on-site and reference laboratories provide comprehensive diagnostics for our patients.
- Kennels: our accommodations are clean, spacious, and comfortable for our patients.
- Cat-Friendly: we provide separate exam rooms, kennels and treatment areas for our feline friends. These areas even feature cat art on the walls!
- Feliway: we use cat facial pheromones to decrease stress, especially in cat-only areas.
- Telemedicine: our medical team has 24-hour access to a specialist network for case consultation.
54. Communication: we help team members become better communicators through ongoing education because it directly affects patient care.
- Collaboration: a core value here — our team works together to solve clinical challenges.
- Positive Mindset: we foster positive communication to help everyone stay productive and lower stress.
- Giving: for every $250 you spend, you can donate $5 to a community group.
58. Vet For A Day: we donate in-hospital experiences to local schools and community group fundraisers. This helps nonprofits raise funds and it helps encourage the next generation of veterinarians!
- Local magazines: we know you’re into Denver news. So our lobby is stocked with our town’s latest glossies.
- Internships: we mentor high school, college, and vet school interns to help build careers. If your student is a budding veterinarian, ask us about this program.
- Microchipping: we register every patient we microchip to make sure our patients are trackable if lost.
- Continuing Education: as a team, we are always learning and training to stay on the cutting edge of medicine.
- Info To Go: we send every client home with the complete record from their visit to ensure transparency and continuity of care
- Staff Development: we help our team members reach their career goals by providing individualized plans to foster their growth. We know happy team members make better caregivers.
- Teamwork = Success! we know teamwork is the only way toward continued growth and success.
- Boarding / Grooming: we research and build relationships with the best Denver pet service providers.
- Goodheart in The News: Dr. Spencer is passionate about educating the public about pet health. Media that includes her advice will be featured on our site.
- Community: From day one we’ve given back to our community. We engage with and support local community groups who work with kids and animals.
- Brodie the Big Dog and Broc the Big Cat: starting in 2020, our 12’ tall blow-up mascots will attend our events and occasionally visit the hospital.
- Advisors: our doctors are medical advisors to pet-related businesses and groups in Denver and beyond.
- Awesome Doctors: we will invite only the brightest, most caring, and experienced doctors to join our team.
72. Comprehensive Care: we provide complete pet care in our hospital, and we coordinate care with specialists when necessary.
- Education: we want you to understand what is happening; the more you know, the better we do our job.
- Passion: we are driven by a shared love of providing great care to pets and their people.
- Demonstration: nail trims, oral care, injections, blood sugar – no problem, we will teach you!
- Client Relationships: we feel lucky to be able to collaborate with you to provide care to your pet.
- Patient Relationships: working to provide health and happiness to our patients is deeply rewarding!
- Communication Training: we are involved in ongoing medical communication research and training for our team.
- Online Meds: our online pharmacy is an easy, convenient, and economical way to buy pet meds!
- Returns: if a diet we provide doesn’t work out, we will take it back for a full refund and find another solution.
- Vaccines: we respect the power of vaccination, and we use as few as possible, tailored to each patient.
- Medical Products: we investigate and select the best medical products available for our patients.
- Alternatives: we have partners in many alternative therapies to offer diverse treatment options including acupuncture work and more.
- Thanks: we say thanks in many ways, often in the form of a written note; we appreciate you!
- No Drama: we have a no-drama policy to create a workplace where we can actually get stuff done.
- Work / Life: although hard to balance, we create systems to help our teams achieve it.
- The “Why”: our culture is based on understanding why we are here and what we seek to achieve.
- Memorial Program: we honor each of our patients’ lives by making a financial contribution to help Denver animals in need.
- Go Local: As a Denver-founded company, we try at every opportunity to support other local businesses through patronage or referral.
90. The Human-Animal Bond: we value the role your pets play in your family; we treat them as if they were our own.
- Nutrition: great nutrition creates lifelong health and happiness; we offer the best expertise for our patients.
- 30-Minute Slots: we buck the industry trend and schedule plenty of time for our appointments.
- Saturdays: we are open for weekend appointments because we know you’re busy during the workweek.
- Surgery: scheduled or emergency, we provide most procedures right here, right now.
- Staying Connected: we love to show off your pets! So we post stories on social media; find us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
- Easy Appointments: easily schedule an appointment on our website or even through Google!
- Goodheart Swag: t-shirts and hats for humans; leashes, tennis balls, and water bowls for our furry friends!
- Website: our mobile-friendly website is a great, up-to-date resource for both you and your pet.
- Feedback: good or bad, we love hearing about your experience – it helps us be even better.
- Client Appreciation Events: we host annual client parties to say thank you for being a part of our family, including Santa Paws Photos and anniversary celebrations.
Get in touch!
Use the form below and a member of our team will get back to you as quickly as possible.
We’re here to help.
389 S Broadway
Denver, CO 80209
Mon-Fri: 7:30am – 6:00pm
Sat: 8:00am – 12:00pm
We provide 24-hour care by phone, so you know that we’ll always be there when you need us most.